Recent events in history has caused not only me, but many evangelicals to address the question; Are we in the last days?
I have been a Christian since 1978 and I must tell you that I thought the rapture of the church would take place in the 1980’s. But the Bible says that no man knows the hour or the day of the return of Christ. For those of you who don’t know, the rapture as described in 1 Thessalonians 4 tells us that Jesus will come in the clouds and snatch away his church. This is known as the Blessed Hope.
Though no particular time has been set, Jesus told us that we need to watch for the signs of his coming. He told us that as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be before His return.
I have to tell you that since 1978, I have been watching and looking at the signs. In the days of Noah there were specific things that were happening and the similarities to today.
- Religious apostasy – In no other times on this earth have we seen not only many cults and false religions, but we see the main stream church buckling. First it was to political correctness, now they are becoming Woke.
- Travel – humans are traveling so much more now. In Biblical times, it would take days to get places. Now we can jump on a plane and be anywhere in a matter of hours.
- City Building – look at the magnificent structures that are in existance today. We marvel at the construction of Burj Khalifa in Dubai. A monolith that stands 2,722 feet tall. A modern day tower of Babel.
- Polygamy – This does not refer to multiple marriages only, this also refers to a mating pattern in which a single individual mates with more than one individual of the opposite sex. Surely we are seeing this today.
- Agriculture – In no other time in history have we seen such advancements in agriculture and animal husbandry. We can grow food in places never heard of before.
- Metallurgy – Look at the advances in science, the creation of new polymers, lighter metals that are stronger. This speaks of technology which, as we know is on the increase.
- Disrespect for Authority – At no other time in history have we seen such blatant disregard and disrespect of authority. Police are attacked, people riot in the street and youngsters hitting older people just for fun with no fear of reprisal.
If we look in the Bible in Genesis 1-6 the time before the flood, you will see these things as well. But now, even a bigger threat looms over the horizon.
In the Book of Revelation we read that Satan will reign on the earth for 7 years. It has always been his plan and desire to rule over the earth and over man-kind. He hates humans because we were made in the image of God Himself who Satan rejected. We read in Isaiah 14:13-14 “But you said in your heart, I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars(or angels) of God, And I will sit on the mount of assembly In the recesses of the north. I will ascend above the heights of the clouds(the shekhinah glory); I will make myself like the Most High”
He wants to rule over that which he lost when he rebelled against God. According to Revelation, he is going to set up a one world government, a one world monetary system, a one world religion with himself being worshipped. He will cause everyone great and small to get a mark on their right hand or forehead without which, no one may buy or sell anything. If one refuses the mark, they will be killed.
Now the globalists are using the term “The Great Reset”. This is the setting up of the one world structure mentioned above which Satan will give to his son, the anti-Christ. The anti-Christ will have the power to settle all of the problems in the world and seemingly bring peace. The book of Revelation tells us that people will worship this man saying “Who is like him, who is able to wage war with him?” He will make a treaty with Israel and the temple will be rebuilt but in the middle of the seven year reign of the anti-Christ (beast) he will break that treaty and declare himself god and demand worship.
We are seeing the pieces coming together at such a rapid pace that it is mind boggling. The globalists are using phrases such as “New World Order” and I believe that this Covid crisis will be the excuse they will use to bring all people under their authority and destroy the United States.
Christians, we need to pray and prepare. I study Bible prophecy and the next event on God’s prophetic time table is the rapture of the church. Be ready.
To those who are not saved. Do so now. God doesn’t want any to perish but all to come to repentance. God is waiting as long as possible before He pours His wrath out on the earth. You don’t want to be here for that. There is nothing special that you have to do, just call out to Him and ask for forgiveness of your sins. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God the Bible teaches us.
If you have questions, reach out to me here or at :thetruthmustbetold.org.